Monday, October 15, 2012

Feeling the Season

This past week I've really been feeling the season of fall!  The weather was much cooler, the trees are beautifully colored, and the rains arrived.  I made pumpkin parfaits, pumpkin smoothies, spaghetti squash and fresh baked bread!

The spaghetti squash I baked and then combined with onions, garlic, olives, feta cheese and tomatoes sauteed in olive oil.  It was a success!  The bread however, not so much.  We haven't turned the heater on in our house yet, so it's understandably quite cool in here.  Too cool, I think, for the bread to rise properly.  After about 4 hours of waiting for it to rise, I finally set it on the preheated oven, at which point it finally started to rise.  I only let it rise for about an hour and then just decided to bake it as is.  It's a bit dense, but it's still delicious!


Speaking of the house being cold, Carlos was pouring some hot water in some mugs for hot tea earlier this week, and one of the glasses just popped apart!  It's not that cold in our house, so we're not sure how this ended up happening...  Here is a picture:

Saturday, my husband and I were running errands all day, and I enjoyed some hot apple cider while we were out.  Sunday, we went to one of the local corn mazes.  It was a little less challenging that I'd expected, but it was still fun.  Next time we'll have to go to one of the larger mazes.



1 comment:

ldupbeat said...

Looks like fun! Your cup looks really interesting. I've never seen anything like that before LOL.