Friday, January 25, 2013

The Holidays and Such

We went back to New Mexico for Christmas and New Year's.  We spent time in three different cities.

City #1
We spent our first day visiting friends, although most were out of town. 

We had our first Christmas celebration on Christmas Eve with Carlos' paternal grandparents and others of that side of the family.

L to R: my sister-in-law, father-in-law, grandpa-in-law, me, Carlos, and grandma-in-law.
Christmas day was spent at my mother-in-law's house.  We started off with the most delicious strawberry waffles, followed by a gift exchange.  We went on a nice walk and that evening had a delicious brisket dinner!  My sister-in-law was awesome enough to take some maternity photos for us!

The day after Christmas we did some shopping and then my parents picked us up to head to City #2.

City #2
We had our, sort of, 3rd Christmas celebration with Lasagna and gift exchange.
My Parents and Me

After two nights there we headed to City #3.

City #3
We spent the first two nights with my brother, and it is in this time frame that we had my baby shower.  There were quite a few people there.  The ladies (my mom, sister, sister-in-law) did a wonderful job planning, executing, and decorating for the shower.  It was awesome!

We then spent two more nights in town, but at Carlos' aunt's house.  We got to see  a good friend who we haven't seen in a while and spent a lot of time with more of Carlos' family.
Friends, Carlos, and his brother.
Once again (2nd year in a row), we didn't do anything to celebrate the new year.  We just went to bed early, so no story there.  :)




No comments: